November 2, 2008

Reformation Day, Halloween, 10/31, etc.


Brooks enjoying the bounce house


Adalynn taking a swing


Little Daddy


Little Mommy


Our family

I hope you had a happy October 31. Our family dressed up and went to our church for the annual Reformation Day Celebration. We usually try to find a theme for our costumes, and this year decided that we would go as our family, in reverse. Adalynn and Mommy switched and Daddy and Brooks switched. I did not clarify with Adalynn that we were only switching appearances, and not roles. As I was fastening her seat belt (or trying to) before we left the house, I asked her to obey Mommy and sit still so I could do the seat belt. She said, "No, I'm Mommy!" Fortunately, that was the only time she tried it. Adalynn really got into the games this year especially when she discovered that there was candy given out. I think I saw her with 4 or 5 different lollipops during the course of the evening. We all had a great time, and came home with a ton of candy. The good part for Mommy and Daddy is that Adalynn hasn't yet discovered that it came home with us!

No comments: